During the holiday season, the United States Department of Transportation estimates that long-distance travel increases by 54 percent when compared to other times of the year. And if you’re among the traveling crowd during the holiday season, then you already know that you’ve got one more list to make – and check twice. Yes, in addition to your shopping list, there’s also your packing list!
We trust that you’ve got your everyday clothes and toiletries already on this packing checklist, but here are some of the essentials that you’re certain to need that may not have crossed your mind:
- Electronic chargers: For your phone, your iPod, your laptop, and your tablet. The last thing you want is a dead battery on the devices that keep you connected to the rest of the world, especially if you’re staying in a hotel, and without close friends or family members.
- Batteries: Essential for those traveling with young children, as you know that some of their Christmas toys are going to require batteries to operate. It’s much easier to have them on hand than to be running out on Christmas trying to find an open store to get them from. Batteryheads has all different kinds of batteries, and you’ll definitely find what you’re looking for in our online store.
- First aid kit: Yes, band-aids, Motrin and other over-the-counter medicines are great to have handy, but don’t forget about tissues, either.
- Appropriate clothes: You should already have the basic clothing items (underwear, socks, shirts, pants, etc.), but don’t forget to pack according to the location you’re visiting. For instance, if you’re visiting family in the cold, snowy Midwest, pack gloves, scarves, winter hats, boots and coats. But if you’re traveling with family to a Caribbean resort for the holidays, don’t forget your swimsuit, sun screen, sunglasses and UV shirts for beach lounging.
- Personal care items: Nail clippers, tweezers, filers, etc. You never know when you’re going to need them.
- Hand sanitizer: The holiday season is a busy one and chances are you’re going to be out and about and not staying put for much of the time you’re gone. And being that the winter season is also flu season, you can never be too careful about hand washing. Unfortunately, when you’re so busy and occupied, this can pass by the wayside. Pick up a hand sanitizer bottle – they come in sizes so small these days that they can clip onto a purse or briefcase.
- Prescribed medication: Any prescribed medication should not be forgotten – it could make for a lousy holiday season between trips to an out-of-network doctor to get them refilled.
So, if you’re hitting the road – or the skies – this holiday season, don’t overlook the little things on your packing checklist. Batteries and hand sanitizer may not seem important now, but you won’t want to be without them later!
Be sure to have a look at the Batteryheads inventory for all of your holiday battery needs.